Sunday, April 3, 2011

LOVE

Love It’s a four letter word that holds so much power, hope, joy, desire, and frustration. We, as young girls, watch movie after movie where the example of what love is shown. Boy meets girl. Boy and girl fall in love. Boy and girl get married and live happily ever after. That’s what we think love is- happily ever after. This desire to find that "happily ever after love" doesn’t go away as we get older- no the desire grows even more. We look high and low for love. Sometimes we get so desperate to have it, we create relationships of “love” to fill that void. WE WANT LOVE!! We desire to be loved. We want someone who will cherish us. I search high and low for that tall, dark and handsome prince who will ride up on his horse, sweep me off my feet and rescue me! But my Prince Charming didn’t look like that. Instead He came to me- a son of a poor carpenter. He wasn’t rich nor was He popular. He didn’t go to college. He didn’t even have a steady job. No horse for my prince- He rode a donkey. I get so caught up in my search for "happily every after prince" that I forget about the Prince I already have in my life. My prince loved me so much He came to earth as a human. He gave up fellowship with God to endure excruciating pain FOR ME. He hung on a cross with nails in His hands and feet FOR ME. HE was mocked, persecuted, and abandoned for the sins that I committed. That is love. He sees me for what I am. He knows everything about me- every human flaw, every ill thought, every angry word, every lie…. And He still loves me. That is LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment